How Do I GET TO WORK?
Most students ride a bicycle to work.
At Hello Summer J-1 cultural events, you can receive free front and back bicycle lights and reflective vests. As the rules for riding bicycles may be different here than in your country, please familiarize yourself with Massachusetts bicycle rules. In the rare event that a car should hit or sideswipe your bicycle, there are things you need to do that can be found here.
Please also view this Cape Cod specific bicycle safety video.
where can I buy OR RENT a bicycle?
- Walmart in Falmouth
- Corner Cycle in Falmouth
- KMart in Hyannis
- Dennis Cycle Center in South Dennis
- Barbara’s Bike Shop in South Dennis
- Brewster Bike in Brewster
- Rail Trail Bike in Brewster
- Chatham Hood Bikes in Chatham
- Orleans Cycle in Orleans
- Ptown Bikes in Provincetown
- Gale Force Bikes in Provincetown
- Idle Times Bike Shop in Orleans, North Eastham , and Wellfleet
- Bike Zone in Falmouth, Hyannis, and Yarmouth
Cape Cod Regional transit authority
You can get to work by taking the bus! Each ride on the bus is $2.00. From the third week of June through Labor Day Weekend in September, the buses run 7 days per week. After Labor Day until the third week in June, there are no buses on Sundays.
For information on the different buses and their schedules, please visit the Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority.
J-1 Late Night Bus
For those participants living or working in South Eastham, Orleans, Brewster, Chatham, Harwich, Dennis Port, and South Dennis, there is a free late night bus .